SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reveriereptile

Need some bathroom layout help.

reveriereptile
10 years ago

I'm trying to figure out how to layout two bathrooms in our house we are building. Some changes were made to the plans and a FIL that thought the door frame for one should be 15" from the wall instead of centered or only 4" out which makes it harder to figure out what to do.

The downstairs bathroom is a 11x9'. We would like to put in a 42" depth tub with a shower surround. We have a 11 month old is why we want a tub and since my husband is decent sized he can't comfortably fit into a smaller one. He would like to use one if we had a tub.
The next thing is he would like a stacked washer/dryer. I will be the one doing pretty much all the laundry and want them side by side up on a platform with storage above.

Our upstairs master bathroom is going to be 9x12'. The door was placed as far as I know 4" from the top right corner. I haven't gotten to go in the house upstairs to look at it and my husband doesn't remember. This bathroom should be much easier to do. We want a large custom shower, either a 1 or 2 sink vanity, and a toilet. If we do a 1 sink vanity we want it as wide as the 2 sink ones. Storage will be designed depending on the bathroom layout.

I'll attach some pictures.

This post was edited by reveriereptile on Sat, Mar 8, 14 at 11:10

Comments (19)