SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Valentine's tables

luvstocraft
17 years ago

Since this is the holiday forum, I thought it might be nice if we posted all our Valentine Day tables on one post to make it easy for us and visitors to see them without searching through individual posts. Hope you will all join in and show your pretty tables--bear in mind that for many of us, this is our first attempt.

Here's mine--I hope to have more dishes to select from by next year! Luvs

Comments (59)

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Mary, Your table is just beautiful. I would love to sit down to a dinner at your table. And I love your silver placecard holders also. The doilies really make your glass plates stand out. And I just love your clear glass candleholders.

Kathleen_li, You may not have V-day china, but your china is still gorgeous. "The List" Mine gets longer every day also. LOL

Luvs, Isn't it just so much fun to see how we've all decorated? I get so many ideas from everyone.

• judithva
    17 years ago

Mary, love your table. I am very fond of Battenburg lace too. Very romantic looking! The white netting is a nice touch too.
    I also have those same glass pillar candle holders! My DD is eyeballing them for herself (of course she will borrow mine if she wants, she's too cheap to buy her own if she can borrow mine LOL)

• Related Discussions

Grandaughters Valentine Table

Q

Comments (21)
    Thank you all, I'm a worrier by nature, so when crisis strikes, I shut down completely, I mean completely! I want to comment on all the beautiful V tables & decor you've all done, but I am so behind, I would never catch up, so all please know that I have looked at all of them & really think everyone outdid themselves this year and I loved all of them. My schedule is so busy, being MOM to the grandkids, I have a calendar with activities listed & most weeks we may have one nite that we do not have someplace one of them has to be. Oldest GS is in jr high play & also filming a local TV show that will air on the local channel. Music lessons, homework help with the little ones, etc. keep me very busy, plus doctoring for my back. I start physical therapy again this week for the low back problem that has dogged me since Oct. due to all the work involved with the two litters of pups we had before Christmas. Hoping I will have time to do an Easter table, but who knows!!!
    ...See More

'Pinkie's' - Valentine Table

Q

Comments (13)
    Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. DD..I visit your blog often and I must say YOU always inspire with your Beautiful tables. Each one is so unique and so well thought out with every detail. karen...thanks for thinking that my 'First Attempt' on a cloche, is worthy of the album... I'm flattered. yachter...I'm lucky that DH doesn't mind sitting at this pink 'ladies table'...he's a good sport!! wanda...glad you enjoyed the 'description' of everything. I know I enjoy that too when I see someones table here. mm...until I joined Holiday, I was never into the 'Pink' thing. I've seen so many beautiful tablesettings here, that have inspired me, that little by little I've been working on my collection of pink. Now I just love it. jeanne... I would love to see the picture of your DD's and DG's moire dress! I did lots of sewing for my DD when she was little and now my DGD.. and I just love seeing what others have made. I snapped up this fabric last year at $1 a yard! It's usually so expensive and I felt so lucky. I actually bought it for last years Easter Table b/c I knew my DGD would love it! She loves anything pink! jay...from one 'Pink Transferware Lover' to another... I hear ya! I ALWAYS enjoy seeing yours..got anything new lately, to show off?? LG...When I bought those plates at a Flea Market...it was at the end of the day. The woman let me have 8 of them for $12. They really are even more beautiful in person and feel so wonderful too. As for the pearl Napkin rings...I showed how I made them last year. I will look to see if I still have my pics on Photobkt. All I did was take plastic rings and used pearl by the yrd, roping and wound it around until completley covered. Then I hot glued the ends to the ring. Lynn... I'll be waiting...actually 'We'...Cherub's twins, will be waiting to see what you do with him! After I took pictures of him in that cloche...I was thinking that I should have used the larger cloche... I think he could have used a little more room around him! Glad you liked it though. Thanks - Kathleen...'Table Queen' !! lol I think the post cards get lost in the photos, but the effect IRL is realy pretty. NO I'm NOT ready for the storm...Are YOu?? jane
    ...See More

Valentine Table - Inspired by 'Punk' !

Q

Comments (12)
    My message disappeared...so I'll try again, jane...hate those 'implemented error' messages! That bowl is so pretty w/the ribbon entwined...a perfect centerpc for a Val-table! & love the placemat you found for under it! And you even found foil wrapped hearts to match! Too cute! Stacked place-settings are so lovely ... so much texture & shape & color involved! Those lacey heart plates are to die for! Your angel cloche is so sweet sitting on that red dotted cake plate! & your added lil' topper ...thank you, candy! Stemware works great! Just a lovely Val table, jane. TFS & so glad punk inspired you with that lovely gift. Jeanne S.
    ...See More

My Valentine's Table

Q

Comments (14)
    Thanks Ladies for your kind words and wishes for a speedy recovery. I'm getting there but, gosh, this is a crummy cold! Marlene, welcome to our forum. This truly is the nicest group of gals . . . and Jim, when he occasionally chimes in. I've learned so much since I've joined! Jeanne, no I haven't tried it yet, but I may tomorrow. Luvs: "CHERUB"! that's the word I was searching for . . . yes!!! Luckygal: I have Mary's "American Country West" and love it! BTW, I've been gifted with some money to buy tablescape stuff and am DYING to get down to town to shop tomorrow . . . but, it's been snowing here now for the past 6 hours straight! Emily called from school to let me know they were being released at 11:30 because the roads were getting bad. The bus passed 3 accidents in the last 4 miles before our bus stop and there were many cars left on the side of the road that couldn't make it up the mountain here. When will people learn that you NEED 4-wheel or all-wheel drive up here?!? (Sigh!) It looks like a snow day for everyone in our village tomorrow! Lynn
    ...See More
  • luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

How about Bebe and Craftylady? Are you two doing a pretty Valentine's table? If so, sure hope you'll share pics on here. Will be nice having them all on one post so we can go back for inspiration and will be nice for any new people who join us to see them all in one place.

Now we get to play with putting something together for St. Patricks Day! ;o)

Luvs

• paintingfool
    17 years ago

Luvs, I won't be doing a Valentine table this year. My hubby is out of the country and I will be spending the night at my daughter's house. I am sure we will have something simple since it is a school night and work night for them. But I love what everyone has been doing and may just do something like that this weekend since we will be celebrating 3 birthdays and Valentines Day with my hubby who missed them all.

Yall did a beautiful job on your tables. I have found the white stacking plates, a depression green, a clear set and now I am looking for the red set. Anyone know where to get one?

• dreamgoddess
    17 years ago

Ladies, all I can say is "WOW"!!!!!!! These are some gorgeous Valentine's Day tables! Just beautiful and all of you did a fantastic job!

I'm making a note right now to make sure I find some red chargers. I'll try to get some photos of my table tonight, but it won't be too different than it was last Saturday night. I am going to remember to put on the tablecloth tonight though. LOL!

• Purplemoon
    17 years ago

Mary, your table is SO elegant and romantic.

Sandi I had post pix of my first plate stack attempt before and it happened to be for Valentines (2 wks early) LOL. But here's a pix again for you. I am anxious now to do ST Paddy's and hope I do a better job on it.
    Karen
    {{gwi:1408482}}
    {{gwi:1408483}}

• labmomma
    17 years ago

luvs, tam and mary - very nice tables. I will be doing V-Day on Sunday so that everyone can be together. I will post a pic, but I don't think you will be all that impressed since your tables look sooo wonderful. Also, I think my table will be a little "lower key" since it's pasta and I am not doing courses per se.

tam - I am missing my Mikasa big time right now. Your table looks great. I am actually thinking of ressurecting my dishes since they are still in the storage waiting for my DB&SIL to pick up. I may change my mind. Any event, I am doing a pasta dinner and my pasta bowls are white, so I think I will use my Sur la Table bistro dinnerware since it matches. You all now have me thinking. I was disappointed in the color of the salad plates I ordered online from Kohl's. They are "cherry" but when they arrived they are too purple. Now I am stuck for a middle red plate. The weather is so terrible today I don't think I will get anywhere to search for more salad plates, but there's always tomorrow. LOL

Judith - please post a pic of your table after the weekend!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

• patty_cakes
    17 years ago

Oh my goodness!!! Such beautiful tables everyone has created. Seeeeeeeee, we *DO* all have the creative gene, but it sometimes needs a jump-start to get it going. LOL I'm so impressed by what all of you have done! Keep it up! ;o)

patty_cakes

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Karen, Your stacking plates are very pretty. You did a great job. I'm ready to start work on St Paddy's Day also.

labmomma, I'm so sorry your salad plates are the wrong color, but I know your table will be beautiful. I haven't seen anything that you've done yet that wasn't.

We had an early dinner tonight as DS's girlfriend came over and has to be home a little early tonight. Dinner went really well and I'm pleased with myself.

Here are my pics. Some of them have already been posted so I apologize for the double posting, but I'm putting them here so they will all be together.

Stacking plates before I moved them. They still look the same:

Here's a close up of the stacking plates on my bar:

Centerpiece on my table:

Our table for dinner:

My tree before it was finished. I haven't taken another pic yet:

And the table in my living room:

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

How pretty, Sandi! You worked very hard! I love your goblets too. And your Valentine tree, just lovely! How can you be ready to start for St Pat's, you just did all this for Valentine's! The energizer bunny. Hope you had a wonderful dinner and they enjoyed it. You put a lot of LOVE into it....

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sandi, You did a fantastic job on everything. It looks elegant and just beautiful. I know you really put allot of thought and time into it. Hope you got lots and lots of nice compliments! ;o)

Isn't it wonderful having all the Valentine's pics on one post? I just love it.

Karen, don't forget to repost your DD's stacked plates too. They should be with this group too. You did great on your plates. The next one you do will be even more fun.

Dreamgoddess, you can repost your pic on this thread if you want--don't have to take a new one unless you just want to. The idea is just to have all our Valentine pics on this one post for easy viewing.

Happy Valentine's Day ladies, and thanks for all your encouragement and ideas--I've had so much fun getting ready for Valentine's with all of you!

Luvs

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

I am so sorry. With all the stress over dinner tonight I forgot to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day, so...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!

• marylmi
    17 years ago

Happy Valentines Day everyone!!

Thank you all so much for your kind words! Looking at the pictures I can see where I could make changes. I thought I had a rose garland to arrange on the netting but couldn't find it. BUT, we made a quick trip to Walmart and after being on this forum and reading about all the great ideas, I found myself in the bridal part and I purchased a 6ft. "crystal" garland on a silver wire. It looked great curled around on the netting! I can see I'm going to need more room to put all the 'goodies' I will be purchasing! lol

luvstocraft & tamgpsy- Your tables are very pretty!! Your stacking plates are also very nice. I love that red stemware.

Kathleen, Sandi, & Judith- thank you! The silver place card holders are older, but not antique. I have fun 'playing' with them. I have other silver ones & also some silver apple ones with gold leaves on them, but these are my favorite.
    Judith- I get so many compliments on those candleholders!

purplemoon- thank you, and your stacking plates arrangement is very pretty too.

sandi_w- Your stacking plates are very pretty and also your table. I just love those heart shaped plates, I've never seen any of those.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sandi, I just relooked at everyone's pics on here. I totally missed your napkins my first time--you did a wonderful fold on them! I'm impressed! ;o)

Mary, isn't it interesting where we are looking for pretty things to use on our tables now? I think Judith must have "kick started" our creativity gene or something. Thanks Judith. ;o)

Had my DIL and little GD over for Valentine's dinner tonight. DS had to be out of town for business. We had a nice dinner, and they both came dressed in red--looked so pretty. DH was great about playing with GD some so her Mom and I could chat for awhile. She enjoyed all my decorations and she brought me three large chocolate covered strawberries--Yummy, yummy!

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    17 years ago

Sandi your decorations are gorgeous! I especially love the tree. Can you take a photo of the whole thing so I can get a better perspective of it? The closeup is wonderful tho.
    You sure have a knack for this dish decor stuff. I feel like a fish out of water among you gals but maybe if I'm lucky, your talents will rub off on me a tiny bit as I foray into the wonderful world of dishaholics. My DD said tonight she can't believe she's hearing me rave about things like table settings and dishes after all these years.
    LOL.
    Oh, here is my DIL's first stacked plates again. She's anxious to do ST Paddy's tomorrow too.
    {{gwi:1408491}}

Karen

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Luvs, DUH! I can't believe I mistyped and didn't even proof read it. Thanks for correcting it.

Purplemoon, Here's my tree. You missed the thread about my Valentine decos which were apparently stolen by the "Valentine Villian" who broke into our storage with no visible means and took nothing else. LOL

• labmomma
    17 years ago

sandi - I love your tree. So beautiful. The lights are beautiful setting off all of your trinkets and ornaments!

I keep meaning to get out and search for a nice sturdy tree branch from the woods to paint white and set in a pot with some concrete. That is the most creative thing I've seen. I purchased one of those lodge pole trees a few years ago with the intention of decorating it for all the holidays. It ended up being a bit too big and obtrusive. Your "branch" tree would be perfect. I am defintely stealing that idea!

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

labmomma, Thank you. I bought my tree almost 20 years ago. I tried to make one several years ago, but it didn't hold up very well. I believe it needs to be done out of hardwood to last. Mine is set into a heavy cardboard pot with plaster of paris so it's heavy enough to stand upright, but not too heavy to move around. I don't know what a lodge pole tree is, but I'm going to look it up.

• Purplemoon
    17 years ago

That tree is so cool. I'd like to make one but on a smaller scale where it could sit on a table. Last year I bought the little white tree from Collections Etc that you can decorate for all holidays. I happened to buy mine just before ST Paddy's, so got those decorations with it. But then I only used the little tree during Xmas. I'm getting it out soon tho for St Paddy's. I have a little wrought iron plant stand under my mailbox, on the front patio, and thought I'd put my white tree there and make that shelf a Holiday Stack like Judith's plates. Here's a pix of it during Halloween, before I met you guys.

{{gwi:1408494}}
    I also did a Fall 'Totem', small version for inside. If you haven't been on Garden Junk and don't know about totems, those things are like Judith's cake plates. Totally fun and addictive. I've got about 5 outside, so far. Pix in my album of them, most on pg 3. Some gals have done them for Holidays and they are so cute.
    {{gwi:1408495}}

Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Karen's yard album

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Karen, I love, love, love your plant stand decorated for Halloween. And it will be great for St Paddy's Day. Now you have started something else. I want one for my porch.
    I really like your little totem also. I'll go check your album. Thanks for sharing.

• dreamgoddess
    17 years ago

Here are my Valentine's Day photos. Some are from Saturday night and some from last night. Well, last night I remembered the tablecloth...but forgot to put the napkins on the table before taking the photos. LOL

View of my dining table
    {{gwi:1408496}}

Close-up of place setting
    {{gwi:1408497}}

Photos of my bar
    {{gwi:1407868}}

{{gwi:1407870}}

• hi2all
    17 years ago

All of your tables are beautiful. Thanks so much for posting them and giving us all a peek.

Due to "circumstances beyond my control" Wednesday, we ended up having left-over stew for dinner. Sure doesn't fit in with all these lovely tablescapes! Tasted good, though. :-)

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Dreamgoddess, your tables both look really pretty--but I love the one with the rose plates and that gorgeous tablecloth. You did a wonderful job for both dinners. You should be very proud of yourself, and I bet your family & friends really enjoyed it.

Karen, was surprised to see your fall pics when I scanned down this Valentine's post! Love your porch table, that's a great idea, and your album was a nice stroll down memory lane since I have enjoyed your posts on GJ for several months. You have certainly made some lovely things. Thanks for sharing.

Hi2all, Glad you were able to "make do" and enjoy it in spite of those circumstances. A big bowl of stew sounds good to me!

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Dream, you did a great job! I love your flowered dishes and your cut lace table cloth is beautiful and adds a softness to the table. Thanks for sharing!

• dreamgoddess
    17 years ago

Thanks everyone! I think my family really enjoyed both meals. I think the highlight was the dessert that I made...it was a White Chocolate Strawberry Pie. Very decadent and delicious!

I just love the rose chintz salad plates too! I found these last weekend at the Fred's store. They also had them in a lavender/purple color and a dark red color. I would really love to go back and get a set of the lavender also. I keep telling myself that I don't need them...but myself isn't listening! LOL

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

What is Fred's store..where?? I never heard of them, but Fred has nice dishes!!!!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Does Fred's have a website for us to check out? Love those rose plates. Luvs

• marylmi
    17 years ago

Dreamgoddess,

Very nice! Your tables are very pretty and I really like the rose plates and your beautiful tablecloth too!

Purplemoon,
    You have made some really nice things! I enjoyed looking through your album!

• Purplemoon
    17 years ago

Fred's? And they have purple-lavender plates? I don't think we have that store in Phx, darn!

gosh, what was I thinking putting Fall decor pix on this thread??? Sorry Girls. I'll get the little patio plant stand decorated for St Paddy's and post another pix, in appropiate place!

Karen

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Dreamgoddess, I love your Valentine table and bar. Everything is so pretty. And I love your new floral salad plates from Fred's. I just called my SIL in MS where they have Fred's and she's going today to see if she can get them for me.

Hi2all, I love stew and it's always better the next day (or next). Even stew tastes better in a pretty bowl. ;~)

Luvs and Kathleen, I checked Fred's website and they only have stores in the South and Southeast. I couldn't find where you could order online from them. Sorry

• labmomma
    17 years ago

Hello ladies!

I am T minus 2 hours to family arrival. I am trying to decide between the white bowls and the red bowls. I am posting a pic. Using the red bowls, you can see the cute valentine plates I picked up for almost nothing on Friday nite. If I use the white pasta bowls, you really don't see the plates. I am alternating red salad plates with solid red salad plates. Any thoughts?

I am also still debating on the color of the napkins. White bowls = red napkins, red bowls = pink napkins? I am really flying by the seat of my pants today and that is so unlike me. I had no time until this morning to start figuring this out.

Please ignore the stainless salt and pepper mills as they will be gone by the time my guests arrive.

{{gwi:1408498}}

My table is very informal as you can see the lottery cards at every place. Just a little fun. We don't need place cards, so I figured why not?? You all did such beautiful, extravagant, luxurious tables. As you can see, I didn't go in that direction at all. LOL

Thanks.

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Labmomma, Your table is going to be very pretty whichever way you go. I love your red bowls and your Valentine plates. And your red placemats. You've set a beautiful table.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

My vote would be for red bowls AND red napkins. Absolutely love those red beaded place mats! Your centerpiece looks nice too--what I can see of it. Know you will have lots of fun at dinner, and hope those lottery tickets pay off! ;o)

Sandi, Joanne's has allot of Valentine's things on sale up to 70% off. Had some dangly heart onaments that I really liked--but you would probably want pink--didn't see much pink.

I bought a cute little St. Pat's plate with a saying on it, and some fake gold coins--also got some plate easels on sale for $1.29 and $1.49 each--small and medium.

Luvs

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok, the weekend is almost over--that means we will soon get to see what Judith ended up doing for her Valentine's table--I can hardly wait! ;o) Luvs

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Luvs, I had planned on going to Joann's today and ran out of time. Maybe I can make it later this week. Thanks for letting us know. I bought some little silver heart shape baskets similiar to dreamgoddess' at Walmart for 25 cents each today. I also called my daughter and she went to Fred's today and picked up 8 floral salad plates and a fruit bowl in the same pattern. I have to wait until Easter when I go to MS to get them though. I'm just thrilled she was able to get them.

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Yes, we are waiting to see Judith's table! Hope they didn't decide to eat out..........
    Sandi, I am so glad you got the plates. You will be able to use them for so many different occasions. We will be waiting to see them....
    Luvs, thanks for the info on Joanns.. I don't get their flyer as we are too far away, but I went to their site to look. This week is supp to warm up to near 40 so maybe I will get to some of these places.... I do love seeing what everyone else is buying though!!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kathleen, Am I the only one that thinks Joann's prices are too high? I usually only buy items that are on sale there. Must admit they do have some really nice silk flowers and I love going there to browse. ;o)

Sandi, Oh good for you. I love those salad plates with the roses. I'm keeping my eyes open for plates with roses on them that are fairly inexpensive now. No Fred's around here. ;o(

So where do you think Judith is? Doesn't she know we can hardly wait for pics of her Valentine's table? ;o)

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

You are right, Luvs. Joanns is high. I only get stuff on sale or fabric with the coupon!
    And this is as bad as waiting for Patty's Val date! We are so anx to see Judith's table! LOL

• yachter123
    17 years ago

Luvs & Kathleen, I was wondering the same thing, where is Judith!!

• judithva
    17 years ago

Wow, first and formost let me just say all of you that posted pic of your tables did just wonderful! I haven't been around as much as I would like, you know when you just have one of those ........weeks, I sure wish that I was retired.

I don't get to JoAnns much either, I would have to agree their prices are a bit on the high side, and our JoAnns, really just doesn't compare to the Michaels Store here.

Gosh I am nervous about posting my pics, I kept it simple this year. Because I did not know whether my DD and her boyfriend would be able to make it (he ended up working late on Sunday so he missed it). For some reason my heart was not into it this year (I hope I don't dissapoint any of you).

I went pink, hopefully the Pink Rose plates "say Valentines". I think since my Christmas theme was so Red, red, I figured I'd go different this year.

so here a a few shots.

I did not go with this look with the wreath, I was just playing around, I did not like the wreaths colors with the roses and tulips that I had purchased.... but thought I'd post it so you all could see using a wreath as a centerpiece...

This is what I actually went with:

Shrimp Cocktail to go in the crystal footed bowl..

{{gwi:1408505}}

{{gwi:1408508}}

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Judith, How in the world could you possibly think anyone would be disappointed with your tablesetting for Valentine's dinner??? It is absolutely gorgeous! Sorry DD's BF couldn't make it. He missed a lovely setting.

• patty_cakes
    17 years ago

Just skimming thru the thread and wondering about Judy too, and HERE she is! Such a gorgeous table you did for yourself and DD~hope DD wasn't too upset, and they were able to have *their* day on the weekend.

I love the cream/pink tulips with your new china plates. The pink candles, glasses, and napkins add just the right amount of pink, too. The enamel butterflies are soooo cute!! They make great placecard holders, and you have them for pictures, too~great idea.

I always love seeing all the crystal you use since it adds so much sparkle and light to the table! I bought youngest DD two of the Lotus candle holders~they really set off the footed dish nicely. Maybe I should purchase some for myself next time. LOL I was so upset about my mini candle lamps! I had purchased two at BL, but then I found the smaller ones at Macy's on sale. I bought two boxes(4)and opened them to put on the table, and every one was broken! I haven't returned them yet, but hope to get over there today. I kept the larger two from BL and used them on each side of the rose bouquet, which was nice, but really wanted the individual ones.

Glad you were able to enjoy Valentine's day with DD and enjoy your beautiful table, too. ;o)

patty_cakes

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Patty_cakes, I looked all over BL yesterday for the candle lamps and chargers and couldn't find either one. Where are they located in the stores?

Are the ones from BL like Judith's? And how much smaller are the ones from Macy's? I would like to use them at each place setting also so which would be best? Also, I believe someone said they were $15 at BL and if you don't mind me asking, how much were they at Macy's?

• marylmi
    17 years ago

Ohhh Judith, I agree, your table is gorgeous. I love all your dishes and accessories. I have one of the Lotus candle holders and never thought to use it like that, but that is stunning.I think there is one left so I'll try and get it before it's gone. Your dinnerware is just beautiful, and your silver chargers...well, sure wish I could find some like that!
    I can't see all the pictures, there is a red X on them. :(

patty-cakes, that is too bad about your candle lamps, I know how you feel as it has happened to me many times too. Now, I try to open the box at the store and check the contents...even then, sometimes I miss a crack or chip.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Not even a hint of disappointment here--you table looks romantic and gorgeous. Would never have thought to go with two chargers, but that really added lots of sparkle. I love the combination of the silver and the gold too--and you carried it through even on your silverware! You sure have a nice collection of silverware as well as dishes. I love your rose plates--such pretty roses on them. Your glass tabletop reflects all the crystal and candlelight beautifully. Hope you and DD had a wonderful meal together. I am so glad you are back--you were missed! ;o) Luvs

• Purplemoon
    17 years ago

Judith your table just takes my breath away. Tho also might take my appetite as well, , the idea of dirtying up any of those gorgeous things makes me cringe.

Karen

• yachter123
    17 years ago

Judith, I just found your pictures from V day and I realized that I would go to the poor house trying to keep up with all you have!!! It's amazingly gorgeous but I could never afford all that you have or have places to store all of it.

I guess I will aspire to be one fourth as good as your table! LOL

Honestly, your tables look BETTER than in magazines! You really need a new career in decorating!!!

• judithva
    17 years ago

sandi, thank you. We waited as long as we could for him, but he had to work late, and you are right, they had already had their day together, he has to work extra hrs sometimes, but DD and I were OK with this.

patty, oh that is so aggravating to get home and find the items broken, that has happened to me too. The only place I have seen the candle holders like mine have been at Macys. Once Walmart sold out of them after Xmas, they did not bring them back, I suppose it was a Christmas "type" of item rather and a regularly carried thing in their store.

Mary, thank you. I had purchased the lotus candle holders at Walmart during the Xmas season, figureing that I would use them for a few different things, they look pretty holding a small cake or holding decorated cup-cake too. In this case I just used them as a charger/throne for the footed bowl for the shrimp cocktail. I like to think of ways I can use something for a different use. You can even turn them upside down for a different "footed look".

luvs, thank you for the complements too. Work and it's issues sometimes gets me down and I just have to step back a bit, retirement can't come soon enough LOL
    I'm not sure what you mean by 2 chargers. I used the round mirror placemat and the silver flower edged tray as a charger, and the rest were just my china plates (probably hard to tell by my photos).
    Believe me the candle light really adds immeasurably to the atmosphere, and the real flowers make me happy too.

purple moon, thank you, LOL, they are all easy to clean, if not then it would be a whole other situation, even the silver just gets washed in hot soapy water, a good rinse and dry and WaLa, done! In fact washing china is easier than washing stoneware, china is very light, but sturdy.

Yachter, thank you, I have aquired alot of things over the years and interchange them alot. Plus, I tend to put my "extra" money into dishes and such, I don't have an extensive wardrobe and such, and most of all the DD is finally out on her own, so I have a few more pennies to spend than I had in the past, but even I have to slow down, I have some major house fixing to do coming up. As far as storage, well I can take over all the closet and shelf space I want LOL, since I'm alone now. I do plan on doing some major shelving in the garage this summer for the less delicate things.

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Judith, your table setting is magnificent! I would be happy to do the cooking if you could make my table look like that! Thank you for posting it, the flowers make me happy too! Sorry I am late to respond , I have had a stomach virus and couldn't make it to the computer.

• judithva
    17 years ago

Kathleen, thank you. I am so sorry that you have not been feeling well, I'm sure with a stomach virus you don't even want to be thinking about food!
    You know almost everything with the exception of the silver chargers and silverware was cheap. The mirror placematts from Michaels Arts and Crafts, the candlesticks are from Walmart, the pink glasses from Walmart a few yrs ago, the tall etched wine glasses just bought for 2.99 ea from Marshalls, the plain champagne glasses closeout sale from Mikasa Outlet store a few yrs ago. The large plain dinner dish from Macys on sale about 12 yrs ago, the matching flower plates recent purchase for %50 off, small candle voltives, a couple of bucks. The crystal pitcher from a German Outlet in Germany 29 yrs ago(but these can be picked up very affordable in the Marshalls and TJ Max type of stores. Pink candles from dollar store. Live flowers from Walmart. Napkins inexpensive pink from Bed Bath and Beyond. Crystal knife holders from an Outlet in this area. Oh yea, my pewter bird napkin rings were pricy (my christmas present to my self this yr.) Tiny salt and pepper items from Mikasa and Lenox Outlet. The enameled butterfly place card holder from Marshalls. But otherwise my table setting was pretty affordable, no expensive china or crystal glasses and such. I think the table would have still been nice even if I did not use the silver chargers, that was just me being me (queen of over-kill) Blush!

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County
More Discussions