SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nhbaskets_gw

Tiler installed niche too high!

nhbaskets
10 years ago

We stopped by our new construction home last night. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to go by every day as DH just had bypass surgery, so life has gotten in the way.

In our master bath we have a 4' shower with a small bench. We are using the developers tiler, which I'm finding was probably a bad decision. I had requested a niche the same as what we have in our current master that was redone last year. It has two shelves, the bottom one smaller for soap and the upper one for hair products. Early this month I had a lengthy discussion with our contact at the tiling company about the height of the niche. He told me that normally he places these 4' above the base of the shower. I'm vertically challenged at 5' 2" so that would work fine and is similar to what we have now.

When we went by yesterday, I found the bottom of the niche at 4' 9" off the bottom of the floor. I could barely reach the second shelf. Tiling was done including grout.

I've emailed our realtor and the PM for the developer immediately. Since it's the weekend, I'm sure nothing will happen, but wanted to be prepared for what my options are come Monday morning. Do I make them tear out the entire shower? Can just that wall be torn out? Are there other options?

In my two trips to the house in the past 7 days I've discovered four issues that need to be corrected. Augh!!!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio