SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judyfoodie

Yet another Bluestar/Ventahood question

judyfoodie
16 years ago

About 3 years ago I had a kitchen reno done that had a 600 or 900 CFM chimney type Ventahood installed but I have yet to buy my AG range yet mainly because I was undecided because they all have pros/cons. Bluestar was not available in Ontario then but now that I can get one, I'm not sure I have enough ventilation to accomodate it. I've read how you really need to go deep to 27" on the hood for better capture area but don't have that. I thought I had the 24" size but on remeasuring, it's only the 21" depth model!! Now I remember the salesman asking me if I was ever going to put a pro model range in and I said probably not in this house. The hood is installed so from wall to front of the hood, it's only 21" and there's no way I'm prepared to change my hood size.

My question is I've got a 36" wide ventahood designed originally for a standard range that I'd like to put over the 18,000 btu 30" bluestar (22,000 would be a real streeeetch), is there any way of going this route? Can I put at least one high burner in the back? Or do I have to go my next option and get something less powerful?

If I can't go Bluestar, anyone have any idea what the maximum BTU on one burner should be on a "standard" range with this ventahood depth? My current range has the highest burner set at only 12,500 BTU's but was wondering how much higher it can go without compromising the ventahoods performance too much.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio