SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
selphydeg

Master bathroom remodel suggestion

selphydeg
11 years ago

Hi everyone, I am in the process of designing my master bathroom renovation. I spend several hours looking at fixtures, tubs, tiles, and now I have a headache. I am not as excited about this because I don't really know what I want. I just had my kitchen remodeled and I had a pretty good idea what kind of material I want to use and what I want it to look like and bathroom remodel is definitely harder for me.

I talked with a general contractor who has lots of experience remodeling bathrooms, and he wants me to pick the following in order to give me an estimate of the remodel

Tile on shower walls and floor
Tile around tub (most likely the same as shower walls)
Flooring
Shower valve
vanity faucets
vanity
vanity counter top

I like modern and clean line, but not too modern that it looks like a museum. I know I want to use ceramic or porcelain tile. We have hard water here. I really hate cleaning grout lines, so I am thinking using large tiles with less grout to clean.

The old bathroom is about 12 years old. Standard 5 piece bathroom with double vanity, soaking tub, toilet, and separate shower. Everything is builder basic, 4 by 4 white tiles, ugly vanity with some water damage on the side, cheap fiberglass soaking tub, shower pan with some visible hairline cracks, and cheap chrome fixtures. I attached a picture so you can get an idea. I think the layout is fine, and I do want to save money by not moving around the plumbing sand electric wirings. I am mostly looking for idea on tiles and vanity.

Lastly, correct me if I am wrong. Is it very expensive to do quartz vanity top because they always want you to buy it by the slab?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio