SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jockewing

Where to find a nice but reasonably priced vanity?

jockewing
11 years ago

I am thinking about doing a very simple remodel of my rather small master bathroom. There is no need to move any of the locations of the plumbing fixtures. I basically just want to update the finishes, primarily the vanity, which is currently a builder-grade white thermofoil cabinet with cheapo cultured marble top that is starting to chip and stain.

The current vanity is about 54 inches and single sink. I live by myself so single is fine and the bathroom really isn't big enough for a double (also cuts down on the price since you only have to buy one set of faucets!). I want to go with something very classic that won't end up looking dated. I prefer very simple style doors without a lot of embellishment or all kinds of raised panels. I really crave the Carrara top but wonder about durability? Is marble as fragile in the bathroom as it is in the kitchen? I do want something that looks quality but I would like to try to get something for under or not much over a thousand if that's possible. I love the look of the pedestal-styles, but I need the drawers/cabinets for storage. I really would like a style where you really can't see the cabinet box (where the two doors physically meet) as I think the style I have now where there is a big gap between the doors looks cheap. For reference, I do like some of Pottery Barn's styles, but I have a feeling you can get something of comparable quality without the Pottery Barn name markup.

Anybody have some decent brands you can recommend? I have no idea where to even start!

Comments (9)