SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catlover5

Does anyone have their FR in a corner next to a wall?

catlover5
12 years ago

Does anyone have their fridge in a corner next to a wall?

I am getting a 24 inch FR for my remodel and like the price of the LG 24 fr the best and the many favorable reviews; however, LG told me in an email that it needs 10 inches from the wall in order to properly access the drawers. When I contacted them again to find out if this was an error, they then told me it needs 1 inch on either side and 4 inches from the back wall if I was putting this into a cab next to the wall. So I am not sure. I have only seen this FR on the web and if you look at it, there is a door bin where the fridge drawers are so it appears that you would have to open the door more than 90 degrees in order to pull out the drawer bin hence the 10 inch wall clearance recommendation?

The other FR I have seen in person tend to have nothing on the door where the drawer pulls out so you can access the drawers easily without having to open the door more than 90 degrees.

I have a tight kitchen. We are semi putting this into a cab meaning that the FR is going in the corner next to the wall with a panel on right side next to the DW but 3 inches from the wall with no filler on the left side, if this makes sense.

I also like the Summit FFBF24 which, according to the mfr, requires only a 2 inch clearance to properly access the drawers when placed in the corner next to the wall. This is why we have the 3 inches to the left - 2 inch for the clearance and the customary 1 inch to clear the molding.

Since I need white and prefer a bottom freezer, my only other reasonably priced option is the Blomberg 24 which I have only seen on the web. The hinge on the fr must be on the left side and the Blomberg has a $100 upcharge for a left hinge while it appears that the other models have reversible doors.

As always, thank you for any information you can provide to me.

Comments (6)