SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happy2learn

Please advise re: whitest white gouts-is Avalanche too pink?

happy2learn
10 years ago

HI. I could use some feedback on white tile grout. Please help me find a good clean bright white grout that won't look too pinkish or grey next to my ivory/almond colored subway tile. My tile has a golden or greenish undertone (depending on the light)--not the typical pinkish gray undertone of the average bisque or bone colored subway tile.
I was going to use Mapei's Avalanche grout, because that was supposed to be a bright white, but noticed that it looked slightly pinkish on the color chart--and discovered that it looks terrible next to my tile. The plastic grout sticks in the store didn't look like that, (they looked like a nice pure white) so I called Mapei and they said that the color charts were more accurate than the plastic grout sticks, but the customer service guy I spoke with didn't seem to think it looked pink on his color chart, but didn't seem to know for sure!! Does anyone know for sure if avalanche has this pink undertone or not?
What about Custom Building products "White Dove", which is supposed to be their whitest white now. Any others you would recommend as really reading as a true white? A warm white would probably be ok, as long as it didn't read too gray. Thanks.
By the way, this will be for 1/8" joints, and the tile is kind of thick, so I will need a sanded grout. (It is for a kitchen backsplash, but thought this forum would have more interest in tile!) Thanks.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022