SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hobokenkitchen

Need some urgent design help please!!

hobokenkitchen
11 years ago

We are pretty much out of time for a couple of design decisions - we have to tell our GC tomorrow or the next day latest.

Two things.

1: Which paint color? We can either go with theBM Smokey Taupe or we could go with a greenish color to play off the glass.

And more importantly

2: The tub filler. We have decided to use the Kohler Devonshire in polished chrome for faucets and shower trim (with Speakman shower heads).
I went into Fergason to ask about a long tub filler (it's a wall mounted filler) and the design consultant said we shouldn't use the devonshire tub filler spout as it was too ordinary to go above the tub and under the feature tile.

She showed me a different filler (the loure) and said it would work with the Devonshire handle. We love the spout, but I don't see how it would work with the Devonshire handle and we don't really want a completely different handle and spout just on that wall.

Can anyone give me some opinions? I'm a bit lost about what to do about the tub spout. With the Devonshire being both too short and according to the design consultant too ordinary, what do we do??

Pics. All tile is ungrouted and we'll be using 'warm gray'.

Bathroom (floor is covered for protection);

Close up of tiles:

Shower:

With the floor:

The Devonshire tub filler and handle.

The Foure tub filler spout.

Devonshire faucets:

A sample of the tile with Smokey Taupe in sunlight.

and in different light.

Does the Smokey Taupe work?

We could also go with a green paint to play off the tile. Haven't really found one that could work yet though.

Thoughts?

Comments (11)