SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Help! More New Plates: Need Tablescape Ideas Now (pics)

lynninnewmexico
15 years ago

I won 5 of these hand painted Japanese Chikaramachi salad-type plates at auction recently. I really like them, although I'm still not sure what to use them with. I'd love to hear your ideas as to which, if any, dinner plates they'd look best with, as well as ideas for placemat & napkin colors and accessories. I do have two old (Pre-WW2) Japanese dolls I can use with the tablescape. I'd love to hear any and all suggestions.

Lynn

Here is one of the plates with several of the dinner plates I have now. Oh, and I do have some nice, hand-painted chopsticks:

1) Navy & White Print plate.

{{gwi:1404003}}

I think it looks nice until you move the Japanese plate to the side and then ?????

{{gwi:1404004}}

2) Here with my green & copper plates. I don't think the copper edges look that good with gold on plates, although the copper is a metallic paint and the gold isn't:

{{gwi:1404005}}

3) Here it is with the simple white plates, on one of the only possibilities for placemats I have at the moment. I can pick up different ones, if needed, once I decide on the dinner plates:

{{gwi:1404006}}

I also have these red placemats and the fine linen-look napkins in soft green I can use:

{{gwi:1404007}}

And here are the two Japanese dolls I can perhaps use:

{{gwi:1404008}}

{{gwi:1404009}}

OK, my creative cohorts, I can really use some ideas!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
More Discussions