SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thecarguy

Finally retired the 96 Accord

thecarguy
17 years ago

Long time no see! I had to clean out some cob-webs, but glad to be back on-line. I finally retired the 96 Accord after almost 270,000 miles. I sold it to a friend of the family (it's his first car) He LOVES it and is taking very good care of it. His school and job are almost within walking distance of his house, so the car will enjoy a nice retirement! Meanwhile, I'll be enjoying my 2006 Accord :o) Hard to believe how much the Accord has improved in the last 10 years! While the new Accord still shows it's family sedan roots, it really has an upscale feel to it. Much more refined than the previous generations, with a lot more room inside to boot! The new rear-end is also a very welcomed improvement over the 03-05s. But while the interior design/layout and refinement is light years ahead of my 96... I'm a bit disappointed in the materials themselves. Honda has used a lot more hard plastics and the interior (particularly the door panels) rattle over bumps. I never once heard a single rattle from my 96, I certainly didn't expect them from the new one. The interior just doesn't seem as 'tight' and solid as other Hondas. I've even had my driver's side window jiggle a bit sometimes (when fully shut) causing it to make noises when driving. It's an intermittent problem, so a trip to the dealer would be a waste of time. Otherwise, however, it's been great. The power from the new K-series 4-cylinder engine is unbelievable. It truly does feel like a small V6! It is very smooth and quiet, but growls like a V6 when you put down the go-pedal. I am still a firm believer that Honda has some of the best 4-cylinder engines out there.

Heres to another 300k miles! (or close to it)

Comments (25)

Sponsored