SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
party_music50

Would like your opinion re: weaving

party_music50
12 years ago

Hello. This is holiday-related, I promise. Some of you know that I'm a hobbyist basket weaver -- not sure if you know that I also teach weaving. I've been asked to offer weaving classes at the local Art & Community Center again. In the past I've offered various utility basket weaving classes (e.g., muffin basket), but I wonder what the interest would be in weaving something more decorative or holiday-related -- and I'd like your opinions and suggestions.

I just made up a pattern and technique for a beginner's class to weave a bell. I think they can be easily decorated and hung on a wall, door, or xmas tree. Here are some photos -- I'm wondering what you think of these bells... would you use one to decorate??? would a class to weave these interest you?! If so, would you want to weave one or two bells in the class (1.5-2hrs vs 3hrs)? and if you could choose only one of the following photos to represent the woven bell, which would it be? If not, can you suggest something holiday-related (or otherwise) that you'd like to see offered in a basket weaving class?

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations
More Discussions