SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeageaux

Kobe RA9236SQ 700 cfm Cups $500 OR RA9236SQB 760 cfm Baffles $1k?

deeageaux
14 years ago

These are the same style hoods. One is the old version I can get on clearence at a local authorized retailer for $500. It seems to be the consensus that baffles are better than cups. The new model has 60 more CFM.

But is it worth twice as much at $1000?

Comments (4)

• Sherri Stein
    14 years ago

I'm in the process of remodeling my kitchen too. what are baffles and cups? I was also looking @ Kobe. But, I have been focusing on CFMs and noise level.

• guadalupe
    14 years ago

cups are more effective removing smoke because there are no filters, the clean up is more intense with spraying degreasers, the baffles are preferred and used commercially and the clean up is performed by the dishwaser

• deeageaux
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Are cups significantly less effective at removing grease from the air or is the only downside more intense cleanup?

• positano
    14 years ago

I have a Kobe with cups and have no problem with it. They are so easy to clean, and really do fill up with grease. I don't think they work any less than baffles,and I feel like it sucks up everything it should. Everyone said to go with the baffles, but that model was didn't have the correct venting for me.

I will say Kobe installation was tough! My brother in law is a GC and said he's never seen a hood so difficult.