SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
numbersjunkie

Appliance Choices? Bosch, Electrolux, Miele

numbersjunkie
14 years ago

I thought I would go with Bosh appliances, 36" induction cooktop, SxS CD refrigerator (they don't make french door but I liked the look of their stainless), DW, oven. I really liked them all (mostly online specs, I've only seen the oven & frig). The reviews seem good, and they have a great rebate program. I should mention that I will rarely use my oven, and I am hoping/dreaming of a Miele SpeedOven/microwave.

But today I went to an appliance store I thought might have some of them on display (the touch, feel test), and they told me they can order them, but don't stock them because Bosch is "terrible to deal with". Is that true?

Instead, they showed me a KitchenAid induction cooktop KICU568SBL (that I really liked), and Electrolux FD CD refrig E123BC511S and oven EW30EW55GS (I did like them too). They also steered me to a Miele DW (I know it walks on water, but pricey).

Any comments? I trust the advice I get here more than what some salesperson tells me.

I may end up buying from AJ Madison who carries them all, and should also mention that $$$$ is an issue. My DH thinks this whole kitchen renovation is a "splurge" even though my kitchen is 25 years old and failing fast...

Comments (9)