SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjaero19473

Marvin, Pella, or other architectural window?

rjaero19473
14 years ago

We are looking at windows for our new house and are having a lot of trouble picking out which brand to go with. I've looked at lot at Marvin and Pella, but am wondering if there are other brands that offer the architectural look that the Marvin and Pella Architectural series provide. My wife and I want a nice architectural window for the the front of the house, but in the back, where most of our windows are, we plan to go with a lower grade Pella Pro-Line or Marvin Integrity. On the front we want to have simulated divided lights, and plan to use a traditional colonial grille pattern. Do you have any suggestions for other brands that would give the nice architectural look for the front of the house? I plan to go look at Peachtree tomorrow. Also, I looked a little at Lincoln and Weathershield, but not enough to make good judgement as to whether or not I want to use them. The Marvin and Pella quotes are comparable and range between $29 and $34k depending which options we go with. If I had to choose between the two I would go Marvin since I like the look and operation of their windows better. I also feel the Marvin aluminum clad is more substantial, and the weather stripping appears to be a better design.

Bob

Comments (15)