SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
muffn

Finished basement plan - seeking comments!

muffn
10 years ago

Hi, the upper level is pretty much finalized. This is the lower, finished daylight walk-out. Due to the slope of our lot, there will be lots of light :)

It's pretty basic -- bedroom 4 will be used by our teenage girl (the fireplace is upstairs, so we thought we'd put one below it in the same place). The home office will be for my husband who works at home. The middle bathroom will be used as both a "powder room" downstairs, as well as a bathroom for wet swimmers - hence the exterior door (no matter how much you tell them, the kids never towel off enough to use the bathroom while swimming and I'm tired of wet floors in our current house!). The rec room has a kichenette -- small fridge, microwave and a sink with some cabinets. Then there's a guest room (bedroom 5) for my parents or our friends when they visit. Lastly, a game room. We have 3 kids - 4, 6 and 14 when we move in -- so it will double as a playroom and game room for now. We'd like to put a ping pong table in there among other things. The rest is unfinished storage. We have a vestibule at the bottom of the stairs so we can close everything off at the bottom should we want to. The top of the staircase is open. Oh, and we'll probably throw a small storm/tornado shelter down there somewhere. And fill it up with wine and call it a wine cellar :)

Any thoughts about the basic flow of the rooms? Thanks in advance!

Comments (29)