SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
socalss

Connecting an RO system to my fridge/icemaker

socalss
11 years ago

Hello,

I hope I'm posting this in the right forum! I have a Kenmore fridge with an indoor water dispenser and icemaker. There's no filter attachment inside the fridge. In the past, we've had water coming in from the supply valve to what looks like a 3/4" OD hose into the fridge.

Currently, the 3/4" hose goes to some sort of adapter built into the fridge on the bottom (see top pic), which just connects to a small plastic hose on the outside of the fridge and goes up to the ice maker (see pic below). Not sure if I'm doing a good job of explaining this.

We now have a RO water system that I want to hook up to the fridge. The RO water supply hose is 3/8" OD LLDPE hose. So my question is what is the safest way to connect this to the fridge?

We just had wood floors put in so I'd like to do whatever it takes to minimize the case of a water leak. If I connect the RO hose (3/8" LLDPE) directly to where the 3/4" hose through an adapter, I'm worried that the plastic job on the outside of the fridge might burst at some point and cause flooding?

Thanks!

Comments (8)