SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathec_gw

Is there a reasonably priced range hood that's somewhat quiet?

kathec
14 years ago

I've just started looking, so I don't have much to go by. I've done a search here and so many threads are for high end, big time fans. Even so, I thought I would ask and see if you all could help me narrow down my search.

I'm doing a budget redo (read LOW end budget). It's looking like I'll be getting a new 30" gas cooktop. Probably Bosch 800 series or similar. I will be replacing a Kitchenaid glass ceramic downdraft. Which I have to say is the absolute pits.

In a fit of excitement a while back, I bought an OTR microwave in anticipation of the re-do. At that time, I figured ANYTHING is better than the crappy downdraft and I was interested in saving space. In my final kitchen layout, it looks like I'll have space to put my existing built-in microwave under the counter where my kids can easily access it. We don't do much but re-heat and pop popcorn. So I'm thinking I might want a range hood instead.

The OTR I bought is an LG and supposedly is 300 CFM (at high I assume), so if I'm going with a hood, it's got to do at least that otherwise I can't justify to my DH the expense of a new hood. I have no idea what the sone rating is. I couldn't find it on the spec sheet, but according to reviews, it's on the loud side.

So, is there a halfway decent 30" hood in the sub $300 price range. Color is not an issue, I don't need a fancy stainless job, just a hard working hood that runs on the quieter end.

Thanks!

Comments (3)