SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
green_homeowner

Phylrich Georgetown faucet v. Strom et al teapot faucets

12 years ago

I've finally narrowed it down to a widespread teapot-style faucet for our bathroom reno, but I can't decide whether to spend extra on the Phylrich Georgetown (definitely has the best lines) or to save by purchasing one from Nottingham Brass, Strom, or Randolph Morris. I can justify splurging on the sink faucet as it will probably be the most oft-used item in our bathroom, but I wonder whether any of these faucets are coming out of the same factory, or if one brand is known to hold up better than another. Thoughts?

Comments (3)

• 12 years ago

I can tell you that Phylrich makes very nice faucets. I however, would not buy one of the more plain ones like the georgetown. Not worth the xtra $$$.

Their bailiwick is the more handcrafted artwork type faucets like the the swan, that few, if any others can produce. Lots of others produce something very similar to the g'town and in good quality too.

Can't speak to the other 3 brands on your list.

• 12 years ago

Which other brands are you thinking of, antss? The only similar faucets I have found thus far are by the brands I mentioned.

• 12 years ago

phylrich georgetown =

kohler- revival for one.