SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adh673

Induction Vs. Gas Range

adh673
14 years ago

I've been reading for a couple hours about gas ranges vs. induction cooking. I've been with a 30 year old electric 30 inch stove for the last 10 years so anything is going to be an improvement but now I dont know what to do.

I'm about to do a kitchen renovation. My space is 20 by 13. I had toyed with the idea of a 48 inch range b/c I love the look, but I wondered if my kitchen was too small for it- the wall I targeted would only have 20 inches on either side of it. I liked the two ovens though. I have a convection oven in the basement from a recent remodel which I never use. Dont know how.

So I thought I was between a 36 inch and 48 inch range, but now I am reading so much on induction I wonder if I am doing the right thing (have to run a gas line). I like the look though- which I realize is shallow. But I like that pro style look and my overall aesthic is sort of old world/european. Are there any induction type arrangements that would look good in this era? The pictures I see show them in sleek contemporary settings...

I also have small children and I suppose it would be better to have induction that big gas knobs hanging out at their eye level, but I really dont know what to do now...

Perspective, advice appreciated!

Comments (37)