SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
harriethomeowner_gw

Remodeling a bathroom: where to start?

harriethomeowner
16 years ago

We have a house that was built in 1950. The baths have been updated a little bit over the years, but are essentially original. Both have the original tile. The tile in the small master bath is actually okay -- it's black and white, and the tile is in good condition. It has a tiled walk-in shower. The hall bath is less appealing: it's maroon and gray, and the floor tile is dingy off white with maroon and gray inserts; some of the tiles are cracked. It has a tub that has been relined, and the liner is getting grungy.

We have a leak in the wall or floor, probably in the larger bath, that will require breaking out some of the tile in one or both bathrooms (they are back to back). This means that this is probably a good time to redo at least one of the baths. My vote would be for the hall bath. I have been thinking about this for a while, but the leak is now forcing the issue.

I just have no idea where to start. Like, should I go around to kitchen and bath designers, or should I get more of an idea of the look we want first? Is there any source for ideas for small bathrooms that anyone could recommend? It will definitely be on the basic side of things, but I'd like it to be good quality. Any suggestions? TIA.

Comment (1)