SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
matt_and_trish

Decorating Help!! (Cape Cod/Craftsman Style)

matt-and-trish
16 years ago

IÂm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a website or free software to help me create a 3D model of the décor in our new house. We have finalized all the plans for a structural stand point and are set to start construction this May however I would like to get a jump start on the entire décor theme of the house.

We are building a bungalow with the cape cod/craftsman style look to it, basically a new house that looks old. I want the overall feel to be very warm and welcoming (lots of neutrals for furniture and wall colors but punches of color in artwork and focal points).

The main focal point of the entire house is our large living room that with will have a cathedral ceiling with the peak being 14 feet from the floor. The end wall will have two lower double hung windows on either side of a fireplace and 3 upper windows that will primarily just be for natural light. This space looks out over a river, so hens why itÂs our main feature of the house. If anyone has any photos of their homes that sound similar to the style we love, it would be great to see them for inspiration!

Comments (21)