SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remodelfla

Irritated with Home Depot

remodelfla
16 years ago

Got to get this off my chest with people who will understand. Was in Home Depot initially to get a couple of prices on frig panels and an oven cabinet to match my existing perimeter cabs. Futile attempt... They made me MAKE AN APPOINTMENT just to have someone plug in the part numbers which I already have since I downloaded the company's catalouge. Wouldn't give prices over the phone. Worse then that... I then stroll over to look at a GE induction cooktop. Salesman asks... "can I help you?". SURE... what is the clearance requirement under this cooktop. Salesman replies," oh no.. you don't need clearance.. this is induction." ME.. I understand that but there is an installation requirement for clearance under induction cooktops for the bottom of a drawer or combustibles. Salesman," this is induction... it works.." I finish his sentence. This went back and forth 4 times with me trying to explain till I just gave up. Onto next question, OK then... does this unit have power sharing. Salesman," Each one has its own power". ME, No, you don't understand... if you have the center hob on full power or use power boost some manufacturers units will pull power from the smaller hob. Salesmans response... "it only works if you have a pot on it." Me, I KNOW THAT! I continued on trying to explain what I meant. He even went on the website to look up specs but didn't know what i was talking about. Now... I understand that thanks to all of you I have a better understanding then the average consumer, BUT how can an appliance salesman not have a clue what I'm talking about? I would accept..."I don't know that specs on that", BUT he didnt' even know the vocabulary associated with what induction is. I don't know if anyone will bother to read this but I feel better now....

Comments (11)