SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cjzimmer1

Dishwasher and Range Recommendations

cjzimmer
14 years ago

I'm on a tight budget and have 2 ailing appliances. I have about 1100-1200 to spend total.

I currently have a coil burner range. I expect I will be looking for another one. Consumer reports has almost nothing to say about them so I don't know where to research them. I don't need anything fancy. Just something reliable that will hopefully withstand 10 years of daily use. We are a family of seven and cook 99% of our meals at home.

Dishwasher, I run 2-3 loads daily, My largest pot is about 10 inches tall. And of course it needs to be able to handle lots of dishes with food particles on them. We don't prewash and I have toddlers so food remnants are a way of life. Quiet is less important than cleaning well and dealing with dried food bits but of course I don't want a jet engine either.

Both of my current ones are Maytag and we have been happy with them but I have heard that the quality of the brand has 0gone 0way down in recent years and am wondering if there are better choices.

Basically I need relatively cheap workhorses. I can hold off on the range for a few months if I need to raise a couple of hundred dollars more but even then I would need to keep my budget for both below $1500.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comment (1)