SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimkitchy

Marble questions: opportunity, love and fears!

kimkitchy
15 years ago

Hi all,

My DH works in accounting for an interior design firm, which is nice because we are constantly working on our old house and he gets some great deals. We are putting a 3/4 bath in our upstairs and right now we have the opportunity to get some Walker Zanger Tribeca marble hex and 2x4 brick tiles at pennies on the dollar because it was an over-run on a customer job. I love marble... but here are my concerns and questions:

1) Some of the tile that is in stock has a few stains (we think from the box sitting out in the rain!). Of course, we could discard the stained tiles and buy more (at a higher cost) to replace them, but for the "pennies on the dollar price" I'd like to try removing the stain first. Does anyone have specific instructions to share regarding stain removal?

2) While I love marble, before this opportunity presented itself, I had decided to go with a ceramic tile for the shower and floor because I like ease of cleaning and I am fearful marble won't be easy to maintain. What advice can you give me to keep a marble shower and floor clean / easy to maintain?

3)Would anyone care to share pictures of marble tiled showers and floors for my inspiration, while I'm here asking...?

I really want to take advantage of this deal. What would you do?

-Kim

Comments (16)

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone