SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary1307

Wall ovens and gas range top recs - please!

Mary1307
13 years ago

We are about to embark on a whole house remodel and I am charged with the task of researching and picking all the appliances! I am very excited to have the kitchen of my dreams but am desperate for informed opinions on double electric wall ovens (30") and gas top range - burners only no built in griddle or grill (36).

Heat and precision are important to me as is the warm up time of the oven. Can you tell me your opinions of the appliances below and/or recommend an alternative? I want restaurant-ish quality and have a generous budget. Of course would prefer to not spend more than I have too. :)

We were/are considering the Thermador package but I have been rattled by reviews and comments on their ovens repair record. But I haven't found anything specific to the Professional Series PODC302 that we are considering.

The gas range is the Professional Series 36 Gas Rangetop (PCG366G).

We have settled on the Thermador Freedom column refrigerator and freezer. Appliances need to be all stainless.

Incidentally if you have intel or info on the Thermador pro hood (HPWB36) I would love to hear it. We get it free with the refrigerator.

I should mention that we are a family of four (2 small kids) and I love to cook. Not sure if it is of consequence but our house will have a traditional/cape cod feel.

Many many many thanks,

Mary

Comments (6)