SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
baver_gw

Miele Oven Temperatures - Please Check Yours

baver
13 years ago

So I'm back. I'm on my second Masterchef oven, after a horrendous experience with the first. Several issues with temps being off on the first oven(by a lot), along with the broiler not working correctly. My latest oven has had temperature probe issues(probe was replaced by Miele) and temperature variations on each of the numerous settings. I asked for people to test their Miele ovens before, using a couple of different settings to see what other thermometers were registering. I got at least one person to report that they were registering the same temperature as on the Miele readout for each setting.

This does not occur for me. I resigned myself to the fact that this oven was always going to be off, consistently by about 25-30 degrees. I made a turkey loaf the other night using Surround Bake at 375. The oven never got above 305. I switched to Convection Roast and the temp went back up to 350. Still not 375, but the 25 degree difference I had become accustomed to.

I got out the manual and see that Surround Bake is to be used for rather delicate items, which leads me to believe there is some reasoning for these temperature differences. Am I off base here? My warranty is about up, so I will probably make one last attempt to call for service, but I am curious as to others' experiences with using thermometers to verify oven temperatures using different settings.

Specifically, Convection Roast, Convection Bake, Surround Bake at 375. What do your other thermometers read? I had two (placed in the center of the oven cavity-one dial type, one "mercury-like") in for over 1 hour to come up with my readings.

Thanks for your assistance...again.

Comments (58)