SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iasheff

What do you think? Need your help! PICS

iasheff
16 years ago

My husband was cleaning out a shed that hadn't been touched for years and years and he brought home some of the stuff that he found! He knows how I enjoy OLD furniture...and have an eclectic assortment of pieces that no one else seemed to want but I have used them in our home to many ahhs and ohhs.

None of what I have in our home has been refinished except for a tiger oak buffet that had been painted black at one time (bought it at a sale for $4!). I have NO desire to refinish any of the new finds-- but I do want to clean them up really well.

Everything has at least 30+ years of dust on top. In the pictures, it looks like the finish is gone off of the tops of the items but it isn't-- it is just multiple layers of dirt!

#1: A pie safe. All the drawers are there (just not in the picture). In good shape except for the awful pink flowered wallpaper inside. Can you give me an idea what the style may be?

#2 Buffet

The mirror isn't in the greatest shape and it is filthy. The drawers are lined and divided for silverware. Again, many layers of dirt!!

#3 Curved front dresser

Probably my favorite piece. TONS of dirt on top! The top 2 drawers are missing (he is going to keep looking in the shed for them). I was thinking about using it for a TV stand. Where the drawers are missing, I will set the DVD and cable box. It would look WONDERFUL in my living room! (I am still convincing my DH of that-- his imagination doesn't run the same way mine does but he loves things after I am done!)

#4 Not sure what it is... but would look great as a night stand! Any ideas?

Sorry this is so long! Any help you could give me, I would greatly appreciate! I just LOVE old pieces of furniture!

THANKS!!

Comments (23)