SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladycfp_gw

Panasonic Fan install snafu

ladycfp
16 years ago

After reading this forum, the obvious first choice for my heat fan is the Panasonic Whisper Warm. The bath is presently vented in the toilet closet with a cheapo, loud fan that we never run. The remodel design has the shower exit into the hall leading into the toilet closet and this juncture seems ideal to install the desired heat fan to vent the shower and provide some heat upon exit. The electrician thinks the required 4" duct is larger than what I have now and this cannot be done. I know anything can be done for a price, but wonder just how much work it is to adapt existing ductwork for this purpose? My house is brick and it isn't really a feasible option to create a new vent path, which is probably not the correct terminology, but hopefully you know what I mean. The current shower being ripped out and the new shower going in (same, but enlarged space) has a light over it and the toilet closet adjacent has the fan- I just want to relocate the new Panasonic heat fan between the two. I am looking at the model #FV-11VH1.

What do I need to know or do to know if I can adapt my present duct structure to use this model fan? I have one, tiny heat vent in this bathroom (which is on the floor, behind a door that stays open, therefore blocking the air flow most of the time) and really think adding this unit will increase my comfort. I get so frustrated wanting to implement the great ideas I get here when my contractors have never heard of them and are unfamiliar with them. I had this same issue with the SunTouch floors- you'd think I was asking them to lay mink or something!

Comments (2)