SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flseadog

changing door swing

flseadog
15 years ago

Someone on this forum mentioned that it was easy to change an in swing door to an out swing door. This was said in response to some question on the door swinging in and not having good use of space because of it. I can't find the particular thread that I remember. In any event, what I really want to know is how hard/easy this procedure will be. Will it involve filling the hinge screw holes with putty, changing the way the door jamb is constructed? I'm clueless about these types of issues and don't want to bring it up to the contractor unless I understand what may be involved. We are maybe 6 weeks away from getting our house finished and don't want to add something that may delay things but if it's easy I'd like to get it done. I just read the thread on opening a door and seeing a toilet and realized that that was what has been bothering me about this bathroom. If the door could be changed to open out the beautiful vanity and mirror would be the first thing to catch the eye. Thanks for the help.

Comments (4)