SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosebrat13

A&E Factory Service

rosebrat13
16 years ago

Does anyone ever report these people to the better business bureau? I have been waiting since NOVEMBER, 2006 to get my LG Dishwasher repaired!!! Unacceptable. On my first call, I informed the information taker that not only was the dishwasher leaking, but it would not run through the full cycle. The first serviceman came out, spent about 2 hours and determined that it needed a gasket to fix the leak. Unfortunatley, he never addressed the cycle problem, so when a different service man came out he installed the gasket, but had no idea about running cycle problem. He determined that it was the motor, so we ordered that part. Again I had to wait until the part came in and the serviceman to show up. This time it was the first serviceman, who said that it was not the motor, and would not install it even though it was sitting right there. He took it with him. The then said there was a clog in the drainpipe, which he proceed to try to break loose. (He also charged me $12 for dishwasher cleaner that I later saw at Walmart for $2.99). Of course, he left before the unit ran through the cycle, which of course, it didn't. So, I call again and tell the "information" taker that they should re-order the motor because the unit won't run. Next (a third different one) service man comes... has to verify that I am under warranty because no one told him that... and proceeds to take the motor apart and finds a cherry pit in it. Says that should fix the problem. Once again, leaves before the cycle is finished. SAME PROBLEM. Once again I call and ask them for service and to order the motor, but they say they cannot because the serviceman has to come out to determine what the problem is. (IF ONLY). Serviceman comes (the first one). Says, yes, it probably is the motor. (EUREKA). Orders the motor and I have to wait again for the part to come in and then call again for service. Motor comes in, appt. is made. Service man calls me at 3:30 p.m. Says its going to take at least 2 hours to put the motor in, can we reschedule. I said okay if I can get an appointment first thing in the morning, since every one of these appointments were during the week where I had to run out from my job to meet these people only to find they had NO IDEA WHAT WAS WRONG! Next day A&E calls and cancels my service call because everyone called in sick!!! Tomorrow is it. If my dishwasher isn't fixed by noon, I am going to call the Better Business Bureau, Consumer Protection Bureau and the local TV station. This is absurd. I bought a $900.00 dishwasher which I have been unable to use for 4 months!!!!!!!!!! If anyone buys anything through Sears and any warranty company that uses A&E, I would say to them RUN SCREAMING

Comments (11)