SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jchasens

Is the market 'soft' right now for collectibles?

J. Chasens Design
14 years ago

I am asking this question because after now cleaning out and falling heir to yet another household full of items, I am feeling overloaded. Being someone that has always appreciated older pieces, even if they were not my style, I have hung on to items that probably have value to people that appreciate and collect them more then I do (McCoy, dishes, crystal, silver, art prints)

But I now am finding myself hanging on to too much and there is no room for the things I collect and love (LOVE old bottles - mostly the aqua colored glass must have over 150 - but I digress).

My question is, should I just store this stuff away or try to sell it now? None of it is anything that will be the worse for wear in another 5 or 10 years(except the art prints which I will store properly) and I do have attic space (sorry DH) and yes, I will ask my daughter before getting rid of anything, but geez, it is taking over. But if this is a buyers market right now, it may pay to wait.

Not being an avid collector right now, I defer to those of you with more experience.

Okay, and I am taking this as a sign, the postman just delivered some of the very things I am talking about - dishes from DMIL. HELP!

Comments (27)