SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nadine33_gw

New here...anyone building in a new development?

nadine33
12 years ago

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. We sold our old house and are currently living in an apartment while waiting for our new house to be built.It's in a new development and was listed online just like other houses on the market, we didn't own land or pick our own builder or anything. We first started talking with the builders agent back last September and were told that even though the builder had 4 house choices available they would consider other styles. Long story short we agreed on a different style he had built before and it's currently under construction. I know nothing about this process but the paperwork/agreement to get to this point has been beyond frustrating. I live in the northeast and we've been lucky it's been so mild, but that's looking to change. Our foundation is in and I think they're supposed to start framing today. Has anyone built like his before? What we find the most frustrating is that all communications go from us to our agent to builders agent to builder and vice versa and it takes so long to get things communicated correctly. We've never even met the builder and I guess probably won't. Is that typical for this kind of build?

Comments (3)