SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ang24_gw

Lots of questions, hoping y'all can help

Ang24
11 years ago

So me and my fiance are building a house, and I have no idea what I need to be looking for. I've looked at tons and tons of floor plans and can't really find what I'm looking for since I have a picture of the floor plan I want in my head, so I actually had the "smart" idea to draw it out myself, well while I can understand what I'm trying to convey my fiance says he can't understand it, he needs it to be more detailed.

1. I've seen some awesome renderings on this site so my first question is what software are y'all using to draw them? If it's free, that's even better.

We do have an architect who is going to be drawing the final plans, but he's a friend of my uncles and he's doing it on his personal time and for free so his words to us were to have it exactly like we wanted with everything all together for when he drew it, which is fine with me.

2. That brings me to my 2nd question, what all do I need to have for him? I'm going to include pictures with the plan I have "drawn" out of what I'm talking about in my plan, along with where I want vents and outlets, and what type of exterior I want, is there any details you can tell me that you had to let your architect know about when he was designing your plans?

3. 3rd question, when do I need to pick out my light fixtures, flooring, paint, cabinets, countertops, doors, etc.?

If there's anything else you can help me with I would greatly appreciate it. I'm sorry if the pictures aren't very clear or very big, I'm still new to this site and trying to figure things out.

This post was edited by Ang24 on Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 13:48

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022