SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannie_gw

What to do about incontinence?

jannie
12 years ago

My husband has multiple sclerosis (MS) diagnosed about 15 years ago, he is now 65. Recently he developed urinary incontinence. He routinely wets the bed. We tried getting a male urine bottle so he can use that when he gets "the urge". But he regularly dribbles on the carpet and wets the bed. A real smelly situation. I moved out of our bedroom when I had kidney transplant surgery. I have asked him to please wear an adult diaper at night. He refuses "I'm not a baby". Well our room stinks. He said "So get the carpet cleaned". He does not recognize he has mental impairments as well as physical. His neurologist says he has "MS with Alzhymer's-like symptoms". He takes Aricept, a known treatment for Alzhymers. He uses a wheelchair around the house. Can no longer drive. I had to steal his car key and hide it to keep him from driving. The problem now is that horrible odor. I just can't keep on top of the cleaning. I wash the sheets and blanket at least once a week. He changes underpants every time he wets himself. How do I get a grown man to wear a diaper? I am at my wits end and have told him I will NEVER move back into the bedroom with him.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor