SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shouldibuild

Floor Plan Design Help

shouldibuild
11 years ago

I probably should change my user name since we have decided to build. Anyway, I would like to crowdsource some contemplated changes to this stock Garrell plan. You can find the entire floor plan at the link below

As you can see from the attached excerpt of the plan, we have already decided that we are going to expand the pantry and finish what the plan shows as an optional patio. The Bedroom #4/Study will be a study only so the bedroom closet will go. The bathroom will only be a powder room so no tub.

Here is what we want to accomplish:

1) Cubbies coming in from the garage. My thought has been to swap the laundry and powder and then create a niche on the right wall coming from the garage for the cubbies. The toilet would go against the wall with the steps from the garage in the niche created by the cubbies.

2) Larger laundry.

3) Toilet hidden from view as you look into the powder room from the hallway.

Thoughts, suggestions? Would the cubbies be too visible? Should the cubbies go in the garage? Depending on elevation the entry door could be pushed closer to the garage wall allowing the cubbies to be tucked further back in the mudhall. I really would like to keep from seeing the toilet if you look into the powder room? Am I asking for too much?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cumberland Harbor

Comments (14)