SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flynnnj

Which OTR Microwave do you hate the least?

flynnnj
12 years ago

Can you help me choose the best stainless OTR microwave for my new kitchen? I am able to vent to the outside, and if something is really smelly or greasy I use the outside grill.

I've read all the pro's and many, many con's about an OTR Microwave but still think that it's the best fit for my kitchen. My small children are all grown up so that's not an issue either.

Someone on GW suggested getting one with a handle rather than push buttons. Another friend said she hated having a handle stick out and likes the push buttons.

I also need a 30" gas range and I noticed a few brands had the HI burner on the front left rather than the right. I've read that the control panels go bad in some OTR brands. If the steam from boiling water isn't right in front of the control panel would that make a difference? Should I even make that a consideration when choosing my gas stove?

Bottom line - I'd rather hear about personal experience than rely on Consumer Reports. So if you have one that you hate because it broke quickly let me know. I don't expect you to 'love' your OTR micro but if it does the basic job while freeing up counter space - PLEASE, PLEASE let me know.

Most important of all is the 30" stainless gas range that will go under it. That will be used so much more than the microwave. I need it to have a storage and/or warming drawer and either want a slide-in or the look of a slide-in. I really NEED your recommendations based on your real-life experiences.

Comments (16)