SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
decisionsdecisions_gw

Q's re: double ovens & KA vs GE Profile frigs & Advantium

decisionsdecisions
14 years ago

You can only do so much research on the web before actually looking and touching the appliance. So, yesterday I did just that and while on paper, the GE oven (PB975) appears to be just what I need/want, in actually seeing it live, I'm concerned about how low that lower oven door really is. So, to those of you that have this oven, is this a problem? Any other likes/dislikes about this oven? I would have preferred the electrolux (with the controls in front) but think the smaller oven on top would be better for me as I think I'd be using that much more frequently. I see there is also a JennAir double with the smaller on top and wonder if that's worth a look. I haven't seen any comments about that oven so am kind of in the dark on it. The controls look a bit bulky. None of the stores I was in yesterday had one in stock for me to do a hands on inspection.

Because I have no room for a wall double oven, I thought one of these models would be best for me and thought it could be supplemented by the GE Profile Advantium, but wonder if I got any of the above ovens would the Advantium, which would have to be installed over the oven be too high (having to leave room for large pots on the stovetop) to be reachable for those of average height.

The refrig is another issue. I thought I'd like the KA SxS (KSCS23FV) but when I actually looked at it, didn't think the freezer would hold large items. Looked at a GE Profile SxS (PSH6TGX) and liked the look and feel of it but wanted feedback from any users of their KA or GE Profile refrigerators to help me decide.

Any and all help,insight,suggestions is greatly appreciated. It's tough trying to maximize your appliance usages when stuck with a small kitchen. TIA

Comments (3)