SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
halfbaked_gw

Need correct installation height for Gaggenau double oven

halfbaked
13 years ago

I recently bought a 30" Gaggenau double wall oven. It is en route and due to arrive any day. It will replace a single wall oven.

My husband and I disagree on the installation height of the new oven. Since many people on this site are familiar with the Gaggenau ovens, I was hoping for some input on the subject and an end to our heated debate.

Since the control panel is in the center, between the two ovens, I am afraid of installing the unit too low. I think it would be very inconvenient to have the control panel at or below waist level. Also, because the Gaggenau is longer than most (at 56"), I feel we need to raise it up slightly (4-6" higher than our current oven). However, not too high because I am only 5'4" and would still like to be able to view items baking in the upper oven. At the height I am recommending (top of oven at 69-70"), there would still be room for a small (6-8") drawer underneath for pans.

My husband would like to retain one of the two existing larger drawers underneath and install the oven even higher. He is 6'3" tall and cannot understand why I am not in agreement with him. I know he is trying to minimize the amount of revision necessary to the cabinet, but it does not seem like a practical height to me.

I have not seen a Gaggenau double oven installed in a home, so I have no point of reference. If anyone out there is happy with the position of their Gaggenau double oven and has a measuring tape handy, I would really appreciate your input....

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz