SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doogan123_gw

Fridge/freezer help

doogan123
15 years ago

Hi all -

We are starting to select appliances for our new build, and are getting stuck on refrigerator decisions. Its probabally safe to say what i am asking has been asked previously, however for some reason i cannot get my head around all of the various opinions on refrigerators that are out there. I hope someone can help... :)

We are going for bottom freezer, FD. Not finalised on Counter Depth of full depth yet.

I terms of quality/reliability, I understand that they can all give problems, however this is how i am rating for my selection process from my reading, peoples coments on the boards etc - please advise if this would be viewed as accurate ...

Kitchen aid

samsung

subzero

ge profile

In terms of space - obviously Samsung is the clear winner - Can anyone speak to service on these, in the event that something were to go wrong, are there skilled people out there to work on them, are parts available etc. I keep hearing that because they are new to the market, and they are european, that this is an issue? (Honestly - some of the folks on appliance repair blogs clearly say to stay far away from Samsung - but i cannot clearly find out why)

What is the largest Counter depth that you have seen? We ideally would like CD for looks, but a nice 29 CU FT is practical.

I understand that Whirlpool is like an umbrella company for many makes, What are the higher end makes within its conglomerate?.

Even tho i have GE bottom of my list at this time, I did see a really nice looking Profile. What is the general concensus on GE refrigerators? Are they classed as mid range - low range - high end?

Would love to hear back from people who have been through this. I never thought keeping my beer cool would be so dificult!!

thanks all

Comments (4)