SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texasfloor_gw

Bathroom remodel estimate--am I missing something?

texasfloor
15 years ago

We have an estimate to remodel our master bath. It's in bad shape--it's the original bath from when the house was built in 1989.

Here's the estimate:

Mater bathroom remodel to include removing existing shower, enlarging master closet, replacing tub with tiled shower consisting of 2 shower heads and a hand held sprayer, replacing existing cabinets with stain grade 36" tall Cabinets with granite tops and linen, 2 8" spread faucets up to $350 material costs, tile floor throughout bathroom and closet with a material cost not to exceed $5/ sq ft, new mirrors, framed shower door and glass, new towel bars and toilet paper holder, twin doors to master closet, new texture on walls, 2 light fixtures above vanities, 2 can lights in common area, can light over shower, lights in the closet.

Total cost is $15,580

It seems like a good estimate. We will ask them to itemize and to provide a couple of estimates before proceeding. We'll also get estimates from a couple other sources.

My questions are:

Have we missed anything else in this process?

How to people feel about not having a tub in the master bath? We are seriously thinking of going this way, because we never, ever use the tub (well, I use it once a week to wash my hair) and I would much prefer the additional closet space and shower space.

Any insight folks can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (11)