SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
earl_gw

Pulled Pork BBQ the Easy Way

earl
20 years ago

I posted this in Recipe Exchange. Thought I'd post it here for comments.

Pulled Pork BBQ the Easy Way

Pork shoulder or Boston butt [6-8-10 lbs]

LawryÂs salt

Bullet smoker

Single burner hotplate

old thick bottomed pot

Hardwood sawdust, soaked in water

Remove everything except the top grill from the smoker, set smoker over hotplate with pan of sawdust on burner, put a pork shoulder/picnic roast seasoned with LawryÂs on the grill, put top on smoker. Turn on hotplate, high setting. Smoke for 3 or 4 hours. You make have to open smoker door and replenish sawdust 3 or 4 times. Remove pork from smoker and wrap in heavy duty tinfoil, sealing it good. Put in large pan and into the kitchen over at 250 degrees for 7 to 8 hours. When done remove all fat from pork, pull meat apart into bite size pieces with 2 big forks [with 4 prongs].

Put in bowl, add favorite BBQ sauce. What is not eaten after a couple days, bag up in sandwich baggies, enough for one sandwich, pushing all the air out and twisting baggie to close. Put all the little bags in a gallon zip loc and freeze. BBQ on demand in 5 minutes. Just defrost/heat in microwave and slap on a bun, add some more sauce. I like to put the bun [filled with meat] in a fry pan and heat both sides, mashing the bun down flat.

Earl

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms