SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tumbulu

Dishwasher installed with drain below floor no high loop

tumbulu
15 years ago

I had my dishwasher relocated as part of a kitchen renovation and it has never worked well since - I finally had a service call today and was told it need a standing drain pipe 20 inches above the floor - right now it has a drain under the floor in the basement. Is there anyway this is a valid installation? I get the impression the plumber took a shortcut that just never could have worked, but would like to know if there is some way this arrangement is workable. I plan to contact my GC to ask him to get a plumber here to fix this - any advice? Also - do you think it is reasonable to hold the GC accountable for the plumbers shortcut? I did report this issue to the GC months ago, but he looked at it and said it was getting plenty of water, so must be an issue with the appliance (adviced a service call from appliance shop without either of us realizing that the problem was the plumbing). Should the GC have known this DW was improperly installed? I'm hoping he will fix it using a plumber who knows how to do this, shouldn't any plumber know this is how you install a DW?

Comments (14)