SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acw2355

Vanity top dilemma - need non-standard 34 inch top.

acw2355
11 years ago

I am redoing a small 5x7 bathroom in black and white.
The original vanity cabinet was 33" across and I was able to replace it with a new vanity the same size. Didn't want to change the footprint of the vanity and I was able to find a nice one, solid wood, no MDF, at a cabinet outlet for $240. Got it in just fine and went off to search for a vanity top; preferably a vitreous china integral sink. I thought I could find one and pop it in in one day. To my surprise none of the big box stores carried anything in that size. Was told that the cabinet standards are now 24,30,36 and 48 inches.

Now I need to custom order a vanity top and it looks like it will be too costly to get the china or quartz.

I haven't used cultured marble in years but wondered if it has changed with new technology. Is it easier and faster to produce? There used to be a stigma on CM but I have seen comments here that it actually holds up quite will. Since it will have to be custom does anyone know the turnaround time for something like CM. I know it can take weeks for granite and other stones and I was really hoping to get this done in one week.

Appreciate any thoughts on this. Am endeavoring to get small floor redone (retro American Olean "Chloe") this week too.

Comments (9)