SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ctreno_gw

AR or Wolf w/ 6 burners or 4+griddle? Plus hood help!

ctreno
14 years ago

I am down to my last two appliances - rangetop and hood! I have narrowed to American Range or Wolf (will go with AR if I feel confident that service in CT will not be a problem) and am having trouble deciding between 6 burners or 4+griddle. (When I want to grill, I just go out on deck even in snow, so don't need indoor grill.) I would love to hear from people who have either of these brands and use the griddle/or stopped using it!

I am thinking of griddle instead of 6 burners since I rarely even use all 4. My friend who is a very proficient cook and has the Wolf with griddle and says that she never uses the griddle because it takes long to heat, is a pain to clean, and doesn't end up working that much better than griddle pan on top of two burners. She suggests that if I want 36" and like having the landing space to get 6 burners and just get the cover (if there is one.)

If I go with the griddle, the Wolf showroom person said I need to get a 42" hood with at least 1000 CFM. Guy at local applaince store said that if there are upper cabinets on either side of rangetop, that I don't really need a 42" hood, and that 800CFM should be fine.

I would love any advice; I am almost at the end!

Thanks,

Comments (8)