SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brandywine72

Getting guests not to flush tampons?

Brandywine72
10 years ago

This is an odd conversation to have online but even more so in person. I need suggestions.

Our house is 160 years old and the plumbing very delicate. After a girlfriends weekend recently, we had major plumbing problems. The plumber fished out three tampons which were the culprit. Yick! I always grew up learning not to flush but to pitch instead. Probably because I grew up in an old city house. It was only through this incident that I have learned some people always flush.

What is an appropriate way to phrase or say don't flush your tampons here? We thought we could put out a little sign when our guests come. But it makes me feel a bit like our bathrooms are being turned into a restaurant restroom. I also don't know how to phrase it in a way that is effective but not too graphic.

We have three bathrooms and I could put out signs in all three when we have out of town guests, but what about dinner guests, or the friends that stop by unannounced? I would hate having to keep these signs out all the time. What is the best solution?

Comments (87)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County