SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimbercin

Sharp or panasonic Convection/microwave ?

kimbercin
16 years ago

I have researched this to death and am no where closer to a decision. I am hoping to get some others experience to help me decide... I am looking for a convection/microwave countertop model that has sensor heating, bakes and grills. The grill part has narrowed the field down to a few..I am reading either conflicting reviews, as in the case of the sharp 930, or scant reports, as in the case of the panasonic 994. I like the Panasonic for it's ionverter technology as it seems like that would be better for even heating and thawing...Then I read a report by a pro that mentioned it was not that great in the thawing department..huh? He also went on to say that the grilling function would be more effective if the element were exposed...do any other models have exposed grilling? It is so hard to get details like this from pictures provided on the web, or even from the owners manuels I downloaded. And to make it worse, I have NOBODY here that carries either model for me to look at it...Geez...I guess I want it all and want it to last more than a year or two..Sharp seems to have problems in the reliability department. I like that it has double grills, though...does that mean it does something better, like the grilling? I am not even postive it has two, though, as the lastest model does not actually say that, but promises crisping function, which suggests it. I would be forever grateful for any info, or if there is a model I missed somewhere that does grilling. TIA..

Comments (4)