SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cookingrvc_gw

GE Electric Wall/Undercounter Oven Model: JTP30SPSS

cookingrvc
12 years ago

We purchased two GE electric ovens in October 2010 and had them installed by GE under the counter. We immediately realized that the options on the control panel cannot be clearly seen due to no back lighting and the fact that black text is used on a dark grey background.

I can't tell you how many times I've turned on the 'self clean' option instead of the oven light.

Although GE has been very responsive to other issues, I am stuck with ovens that annoy me every time I have to use them.

The lighting in our kitchen is very good, but it's no match for the poorly designed display. GE will only say that it is functioning as designed. Perhaps their chairman will feel differently; he's my next stop.

Just wanted folks out there to be aware if you're shopping for under-counter ovens, that the poor design may not be apparent in the store as they typically have bright lighting and are displayed as a wall installation, bringing the panel up to eye level where it is more easily viewed.

Unless something changes, I'm stuck with these units and will curse every time I have to use them.

Buyer beware.

Comment