SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

apartment complex refuses to fix dryers!

vacuumfreak
15 years ago

I have my own portable washer/dryer all in one unit (and dishwasher for that matter) (which does not violate the lease btw, I checked) that I use regularly because my unit didn't come with hook ups. My apartment complex has 4 coin operated laundry rooms. Each of them have 3 washers and 2 dryers. I use the public facilities when my laundry gets backed up and it's too much for my compact laundry processor to handle. I've noticed for the last month that one of the dryers in the laundry room has been broken. In talking to some other residents, I found out that one dryer in EVERY laundry room has been broken for over a month. The apartment complex has been notified and is refusing to do anything about it. My neighbor speculates it's so they can save money on water/gas/electricity. I think that's silly, because I'm sure they profit every time someone inserts 4 quarters into their machines.

It's creating a huge problem because people are "fighting" over the one dryer that does work... and if it goes out there won't be a back up. A friend told me that I might be able to get the complex in trouble by reporting them to code enforcement. I couldn't anything on google about that, so I'm wondering if any of you have any suggestions.

If so, thanks in advance :o)

Comments (5)

Sponsored