SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iloveexercise

Apartment responsible for accident?

iloveexercise
15 years ago

Our porch has an old tree right in front of it that has roots putruding from the ground all over that are like 8 inches thick in some places.When it rains,it fills up with huge puddles and it is always muddy and grass never grows.

Several people (including myself) have been hurt tripping over these roots before,but none too seriously.My poor daughter,on the other hand,tripped over one root,slid on some mud,tripped on another root,went flying into the air, and landed on the sidewalk BREAKING HER RIGHT ARM Saturday night.

That's right,now she is miserable right before Christmas and I have to hurry up and find an orthopedic dr to set it in a cast before they all leave for their holiday breaks!

I e-mailed the apartment complex about the dangers of this tree explaining what happend AND also called about it.I got no response or visit from the Property Manager about it.(Yet,the property manager had no trouble leaving me a hand written note about my stupid grill being too close to the wall!)

I want this tree REMOVED.I'am very upset my daughter has to go through this pain and spend her Christmas this way!

I have taken pictures of what (the tree and roots) look like and will upload on this thread later when I have more time.

Does anyone have any advice for me? This tree is clearly the apartment complexes property and their responsibilty.

Shouldnt they have to remove it if it is such a danger to people?

Comments (18)

Sponsored